Sunday, June 29, 2008

Laura and Jim tie the knot

I have had such a nice time getting to work with Laura and Jim. Laura and I have known each other for awhile...almost 10 years. I remember when Laura came to my studio and spoke to me about becoming her photographer. I was pretty excited, but there was one question that Laura asked me, that made me think! She asked me 'What made me different?' I really never thought about it? No one had ever asked me that question before. I did tell Laura, that when coming to Susan Stevison Photography she would NEVER have to communicate her ideas or direct her questions to anyone but me. I take a lot of pride in my work and style of photography. I spend a lot of time with education and taking classes to perfect the ever changing digital photography tools that I use. All the images that she would see in my studio, blogs, website, and marketing materials were MINE. I don't have a franchise or broker my weddings out to the next available photographer in my group. I only do One wedding on a specified date and I limit my weddings to no more than 20 a year. I feel that this offers my clients a sense of uniqueness and I avoid feeling like my weddings all run into each other. This is what makes me different. I will say that I want you to feel that I am your photographer and your friend, and your images will speak to you in a way only a friend can. Everything that I do is special and unique to you. I have the ability to capture your once in a life time day! Enough of my soap box, I am so glad that Laura and Jim allowed me to be their photographer! Enjoy these few images. Susan

No comments: