Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today's been a great day

Today's been a great day! I met one of the sweetest couples, Linda & David Nugent. I can't wait to post a few pictures on the blog of them....Their daughter came in about a year ago and purchased a gift certificate for them. What a nice Idea? I see this a lot and think of it often. We naturally photograph special times and events in our lives...births, new additions, milestones, graduations, weddings, etc. But, what about everyday? What about our parents & grandparents? Once we have kids we naturally and graciously should step aside. It's not our turn for the spotlight....It's our children's' turn. I personally know and embrace this belief. But, now that I'm older and realize how important my parents were...molding, teaching, sacrificing, and unconditionally giving, it's sometimes too late? I think of this when I think of my parents and grandparents. I have heard so many stories of "Grandma Bessie Mae" (Joel's grandmother) and I feel a sense of absence not seeing many photographs of her...not really being able to put a face to the stories. Since becoming a photographer I have made a special effort to capture when my Mother and her real sister met for the first time about 8 years ago! I captures two sweet little girls, that missed out on growing up side by side each other and sharing secrets and laughs. After 60 + years finally meeting each other! That was one of my best days :) I' was able to capture some great portraits of my Grandma Browning before she passed. My father, My step father and his Clio Music group outside of Branson Mo! I'm so fortunate to be allowed into each and every ones' lives to help with preserving memories. And with that all I have to say is, Thank you so very much!
Susan

No comments: